Sunday, July 31, 2011

Keep moving and you won't get sore.

Truth: You don't get sore until you stop moving.
Soreness solution after 5 consecutive days of WODs, runs, double WODs, and strength-focus days: GO TO A WEDDING AND DANCE YOUR ASS OFF.

No, seriously...that's what I did last night, and it was a freaking blast. I'm considerably less sore than I probably should be today, but I can still tell that I made some progress toward "man shoulders" during yesterday's shoulder lifting session.

Nina and Julie killed it yesterday, and I really wanted to do better but just can't hold my own yet. I'll be getting there, though, especially since I know where to start from now. Many thanks to Nina for helping me out this last week and being willing to WOD me into shape...it's appreciated more than you know.

Tomorrow (8/1!) starts my Whole30 challenge, and I'm excited to see what it'll do for my strength and fitness goals. Will post some of those goals tomorrow, as today is about to get a little nutty with a surprise 60th birthday party (and cake!) around here plus my flight back to DC tonight.

**WOD**
A) Shoulder Press (1-1-1-1-1) -- 40-45-50-55-60(F)
B) Push press (3-3-3-3-3) -- 50-55-60-65-70(F)
C) Push jerk (5-5-5-5-5)
-- Goal of 5 reps: 50-60-60(4)-65(4)-70(F)
-- 50# to failure: 50(5)-50(8)
D) HSPU, 3 sets to failure (box) -- 6-9-8

No comments:

Post a Comment