Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Ninja's CrossFit

If I could make a decision purely based on fitness/nutrition/physical wellbeing, I'd move home just to train with Nina. Dead serious. I like the variety and surprise of every day, and I definitely can't complain about the coaching skill, either.

Alas, I can't really take that route right now, so I will have to scope out the CrossFit situation in DC. Planning on checking out Potomac CrossFit next weekend when I'm back in town and then hoping to find something closer to my new apartment soon after moving mid-month.

Yesterday I got initiated into Ninja CrossFit (Yeah, I named it. Sorry, Ninz.) That WOD is something to the effect of:
-- 200m run (buy-in)
Then, 5 rounds of:
-- 50m OH lift (45#)
-- 5 tire flips
-- 50m sandbag run (15#)
-- 10 step-ups with sandbag (15#)
-- 5 tire flips
-- 100m run with vest (20#)
Time: 21:27
Was good times...cause I'd definitely been missing real CrossFit.

Today was another good one, with some technique work that I'll definitely be focusing on for the next little while. Since I felt good after yesterday, tried to be a little more aggressive today (...which didn't work out so well in one respect...). I've got the itch to go at it again tomorrow, but I'm going to watch the Cubbies get swept in the afternoon, so I'll have to fend for myself.

Anyway, here's today...

**WOD**
A) Strength & technique
-- Squat technique
-- HSPU (24" box), 3 sets to failure (15-21-17)
B) For time:
-- 10 pistols
-- 20 burpees
-- 100 jump rope
-- 50m sprint
-- 50 OH lunges (15#)
-- 50m sprint
-- 100 jump rope
-- 20 OH sit-ups (15#)
-- 10 pistols
Time: 8:37, w/ box pistols (N: 8:07, Rx)
C) Cool-down/strength
-- L-sits (stacked plates), 10 x 10sec
-- Ring PUs (knee), 3 x 10 reps (6-10-10)

Definitely LOTS to work on, but glad to be able to keep pace, at least. I've definitely got some new things to work on and goals in mind for the next time I'm back... Will be solidifying and getting those in print by the time I leave on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment