Sunday, July 17, 2011

It's a beautiful day. (Bono reference not intended, but welcome.)

I felt better just having had a paleo lunch (turkey burger salad with roasted red pepper) today...meaning tomorrow will be even better. There are a couple grain/dairy things I would like to use up or save for less-strict paleo periods that I will leave interspersed in the next two weeks, and I'm okay with that. I think it'll help me not feel completely deprived later and stick with the Whole30 for the whole 30 days (well...31).

Went to a new church this morning, which I liked the people at, but the service itself was just okay. It was interesting, and I was glad to be there, but because the service was an hour and 40 minutes, my mind wandered more than I like. Sooooo, I might give this one a couple more chances while I'm living here (there are only like 2 more weekends I'll be available Sunday morning while living in this apt) and then try Rebecca's church again, once I move closer to there.

Not too much else going on here today... Tired from staying up a little late and then getting up early for church. Took a nap between WODs, which felt great. (And very primal...so thanks, Mark Sisson.) All-in-all, today was not only a beautiful day but a great head start to a better routine.


**WOD 1**
-- 2.5 miles @ about 10 min/mile pace, including sprints and walks
-- 11 shuttle runs with everything that's left

**WOD 2**
A) Warm-up
-- Bike 5 min (recumbent, light-to-mod)
-- Stretch
B) Build-up (5 rounds; start with just #1 in round 1, then add 1 new exercise each round)
-- KB high pull (10 each arm @ 10 lb; work up to KB snatch)
-- 10 sumo lateral shoulder raises (5 lb ea.)
-- 20 dropsies, with weights (15 lb ea.)
-- 50 mountain climbers (100 halves)
-- 25 med-grip underhand pulldowns (70 lb)
Completed for time: 10:01
C) Cool-down: Light jog around building (400m, 2:33)

No comments:

Post a Comment