Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I need a change.

All day today I kept thinking about how I wanted to try something new. A new gym, a new workout...something. This of course brings me to CrossFit, which I'm fairly sure I'm going to end up going all-in for once I figure out where I'm moving. I think it's the variety of having a new challenge each day that has me hooked to the idea.

I decided to go home for a friend's wedding and my uncle's 60th birthday party the last weekend in July, so I booked that flight today. I'm sure my friends here think it's odd that I go home so often (twice a month the last couple months), but I'll continue to do it while I have time because I don't have that luxury come fall. Plus...I'm tired of this apartment and trying to figure out what to do with myself everyday. (In that respect, it'd be nice to have a full-time summer job, but I'm kind of glad I don't. I needed the mental break, too.)

Also anxious to get all the crap food out of my kitchen so I can focus on nutrition more easily...just hoping the faileo weeks until 8/1 (remember: I decided my Whole30 starts 8/1) don't set me back too far. I need to get the crap out of here so I can re-focus, though. 8/1 is an ideal start date: After my last summer trip home, first day of the month, and exactly 4 weeks in one place to get well-established before school starts. The only trouble will be the move, but I should have two weeks to detox before that, too. Will definitely be looking forward to it!


WOD:
A) AMRAP, 10 mins
-- 20 air squats
-- 20 hollow rocks
-- 10 sit-ups
-- 10 push-ups (knee)
Completed 5 rounds + 20 squats, 5 hollow rocks

B) Endurance sets with apps
-- Sit-ups (19, 19, 22, 19, 19 = 98)
-- Squats (30, 28, 32, 30, 30, 26, 22 = 198)
-- Push-ups (knee) (16, 15, 17, 17, 18, 15, 16, 16 = 130)

1 comment:

  1. HELL YES. I <3 this blog! We will continue to motivate each other Kimbo! I am with you on the full 30 paleo challenge with ya in August! Love you girl and keep, it, up! I cant wait to train with you :)

    ReplyDelete