Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Back at it.

I was wrong about "Chelsea." No, really... I passed out afterward, sans dinner, then woke up in the middle of the night with legs that felt like Jello. Grabbed some thigh sleeves, passed out again, and upon waking in the morning decided that it was a good day for rest.

Proof that a rest day was a good decision: I ran for 5 mins to get to the post office so it wouldn't close before I got there, and my legs felt like bricks. (For the record, it did close before I got there. Serves me right for not just taking it easy.)

After a better night of sleep, I'm back at it today with a made-up WOD that reminded me about the pros and cons of working out on already-sore muscles. I wish I could have done this one outside (been WOD-ing at the elementary school playground, where there are lots of lines for SRs), but after walking back to the post office, I realized that the weather is trying to suffocate me and decided to WOD indoors.


**WOD 1**
A) Warm-up: Walk 1.25 miles, stretch (quad/hamstring focus)
B) AMRAP, 15 minutes
-- 10 burpees (jump @ top, push-up @ bottom)
-- 10 sit-ups
-- 20 mountain climbers (double)
-- 20 push-ups (knee)
Completed: 6 rounds + 8 burpees
C) Forearm plank hold (4 x 30 seconds)

**WOD 2**
Focused muscle endurance sets, with apps:
-- Push-ups, 75 sec rest (16-16-17-17-19-19-16-16-15-16 = 167)
-- Sit-ups, 75 sec rest (26-22-28-26-24 = 126)
-- Squats, 60 sec rest (20-20-20-20-20 = 100) Started this one over with a goal of 250 consecutive, and now it's too easy. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment