Friday, July 29, 2011

Double WODs

Last night I had a crazy idea that I wanted to double WOD with Nina today...and crazy as it was, I loved it.

**WOD 1**
A) For time, 9-7-5 (reps of each, i.e. 9 pull-ups, 9 C&J, 7 pull-ups...), with 10 min cut-off:
-- Pull-ups (band)
-- Clean & jerk (65#) (Snatch was rx'd)
Time: 8min, weight as rx
**2 min rest**
B) For reps (as many as possible per skill):
-- 4 min: Thrusters (20# DB)
-- 3 min: KB swings (1 pood = 36lb)
-- 2 min: Tire flips
-- 1 min: Sit-ups
Completed: 20-49-16-29

As if that wasn't enough, I pulled off WOD #2 with a positive attitude despite being frustrated that I'm not stronger. This is also a Games workout (check out Nina's blog for more on that) that I'm sure I'll be proud to repeat soon enough. Always something to work on and try to get stronger at, after all.

**WOD 2**
AMRAP: 15 min
-- 9 dead-lifts (100#)
-- 12 push-ups (knee)
-- 15 box jumps (20")
Completed: 7 rounds + 7 DLs, as rx

I'll be looking forward to trying these Games WODs again and improving. I keep catching myself becoming intensely competitive with myself and others, so I'll be anxious to see what kinds of strides I can make. In the meantime, I'm going to peep some more CrossFit Games (official site - going on this weekend) workouts online, for inspiration, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment