Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Never going back.

In a bit of a reflective mindset today, I think mostly related to the fact that two of my best friends (and baby and teenage son) are moving down to Georgia today. It's not so much about the distance because I don't see them often, what with my being in DC and all; rather, I think it's just that they won't be in Wisco anymore. It's kind of sad for me but is also a blessing.

As far as "never going back" goes, though, it's not about that. (After all, we're only a plane ride away.)

No..."never going back" is fitness-based for me. 49 weeks ago, I moved to DC and started a new life with a new lifestyle. I love it and how things have progressed for me, but I have been reminded recently that there will always be change to endure. We can't ever settle but must always strive to be just a little better than we are now. There's a quote on my bedroom wall: "Be realistic. And don't try to be perfect." True: I don't need to be perfect. But I can try to be just a little better. And that's why I want to get back to paleo...and quickly. It's HARD to use up all this crap without feeling, well...CRAPPY!! (Does this mean I might give in to the trashbag before 8/1? Quite possibly...)


**WOD**
3 rounds for time (stupid timer stopped, but I'm probably just under 15:00):
-- Incline bicep curl (20 reps @ 15-10-10)
-- Dropsy w/ weights (16 reps @ 30#)
-- Med-grip underhand lat pulldown (20-12-8 reps @ 70-60-60)
-- Single leg pelvic thrust (40 reps)
-- Crossover lunge w/ hammer curl (20 reps @ 10)
-- DB row (15 reps @ 10)
-- Oblique plank twists (20 reps)

No comments:

Post a Comment