Monday, July 18, 2011

"I feel bad, like I'm interrupting your workout."

...Uh, yeah, moron. That's exactly what you're doing.

Yeah, so this guy got in the middle of my "Chelsea" this evening...twice. Because apparently he didn't understand my look of death at the 8-minute mark, he decided to do it again at the 23rd minute. (I was grateful that he was quicker that time but still annoyed.) For once, I was actually only using one machine and just enough floor space (against the wall, even) to do push-ups, and he had to choose my machine and space. Ugh. Such is the life of an I-want-to-but-can't-really-commit-quite-yet-so-I-just-try-to-mimic-CrossFit-as-best-I-can gym-goer, I guess. Make do without the proper equipment, then try your best to not confuse the crap out of everybody else in the gym. Ugh...what a life.

Alright, rant over.

I liked "Chelsea," but I think I would have liked her better and found her to be more of a challenge if not for the above two problems.

In other news, I applied for a new apartment today, so I should be moving into DC-proper in 29 days. Thrilling and a relief, for sure, to have it done...but I just can't be excited here because I'm still annoyed over said workout. Soooooo, I'll just give you the stats and be done with this post.

(Hope you enjoyed hearing me talk to myself, btw...)


**WOD**
A) Run 400m
B) "Chelsea" (modified): EMOM, 30 mins
(every minute, on the minute, perform a round)
-- 5 pull-ups (angle and equipment setup made these somewhat like ring rows)
-- 10 push-ups (knee)
-- 15 air squats
C) Stretch, stairs (5 floors - OMG, quads!), re-stretch
Completed: 31 sets, but with unintentional rests at 8 & 23 mins. Averaged around 40sec/set.

No comments:

Post a Comment