Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Decision Time.

Alright, so I'm bad at making decisions. I'm into my second year of grad school and pretty much figure that when I get done, I will have another degree I'm not sure what I want to do with. It takes me over an hour to grocery shop, every time...even when I have an explicit list organized by department. And I can't book a flight without calling my mom first. But I digress...

I've decided I want to go paleo, full-time. I've been thinking about it for a while, and I'm in love with the idea. I can even do it for a couple weeks at a time, but I can't seem to just throw out the non-paleo food and go for it. I just feel like cleaning out the pantry and throwing stuff out is so...wasteful! I could donate it and all, and I probably will do that with some things, but I just can't see throwing out a shitton (yes, it's a word...ask my WI friends) of food that I bought with my hard-earned (and scarce!) money. I just can't.

Soooooooooo... I'm deciding now that I am going to bite the bullet for like the next two weeks (max) and eat that food, then donate what is left. I know I'll feel less-than-ideal, but I bought it with the intention of eating healthy, and I lost over 75 lbs eating it, so clearly it's not toooooo terrible...there are just better (paleo) things I'd rather eat now. So that's that. I'll be working out with some two-a-days to try and "offset" the effects of the "crap food," and then I'm going to do a Whole30 starting August 1 (coincidentally the day I get back from a vacation, 1st of the month, a Monday, and first day of my 3rd summer class, a "week-long intensive, M-F 9:30-5:30") and eat "rough paleo" for the forseeable future. (More about what I consider "rough paleo" to come...basically it includes rare dairy (just cheese) and whole grain, so I don't feel deprived and can stick with it long-term.

So that's the decision and the plan... Hoping to stand by it (and book a flight tomorrow, when Mom calls me back, lol)!

Activity, 7/11:
1) Walking from Ballston to VA Square for errands, then around Clarendon, Court House
2) Insanity Cardio Recovery (With my legs still sore, I'm not sure why I chose this today...thanks, Keith.)

No comments:

Post a Comment