Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Death by Burpees

Went to CrossFit Arlington tonight, and I have to say, it's not my favorite. The "head" coach was helpful and inviting, but the girl running the session just didn't do it for me. I didn't get the idea that this place was as inviting as TSAC (in SoCal) or Potomac. I think some of the problem is that this place is a MMA facility, and CrossFit seems like an afterthought. So that's a no-go, but I feel like I knew that already since it's going to be pretty far away from my new apartment. (So is Potomac, but I liked it there...)

One other thing I failed to mention yesterday about how I know paleo works: I've been dealing with a mysterious health issue for the last 3-4 months, and it's basically resolved itself in the last week. No lie...I can't make this shit up. Paleo works.

**WOD**
A) Warm-up
-- 250m row
Then two rounds of:
-- 15 Hindu PUs
-- 20 walking lunges
-- 25 jump squats (form!)
-- 30 sit-ups (Games)
-- Samson
-- Dislocates
B) "Death by Burpees" -- At start, do 1 burpee. On each additional minute, complete a set, adding 1 more burpee. (So do 2 at 1:00, do 3 at 2:00, and so on.) Go until you can't complete the set within the minute.
Completed: 12 rounds + 10 burpees
C) 28 "penalty" burpees (4 for each person remaining - I was the 5th person out, of 12.)
D) Skill work: HSPU
-- 5 rounds, to failure
Completed: 23-16-17-15-18

No comments:

Post a Comment